ProfileRegisterFAQFSDome.com Forum IndexSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog in 

Splah screen font

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FSDome.com Forum Index -> Flight Simulator Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christian90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Splah screen font Reply with quote

Hello @ all!

How can I create splash screens with the original font which is also used in nearly all the splash screens of the download section of this web site ?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Christian
HexTex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a couple of tools to make an FS splash screen. First you must have a paint program that works in layers e.g. PSP or PhotoShop. Second is the ImageTool utility that comes with FS2002/4 (it's on the CD). Here's how to make them.

1. Take a screenshot in FS - or use any aviation image you like - and load it in your paint program.

2. Reduce the image to exactly 800 x 600 format. This is essential.

3. Next open the FS logo file. For FS2004 there are several logo files available ready for use from the usual sites.

4. Copy the logo bitmap and paste it over your screenshot as a new layer. The lettering should float over the picture.

5. Save the file and close your paint program.

6. Start ImageTool (you can find this on your FS CD) and open up the file again.

7. Click on Image then Format and then select 16 Bit (555), then Save. When you do this the BMP shrinks from 1.4MB to 936KB - a useful crosscheck that it has worked.

If you only wish to replace the default screen with one image save your file as dlgsplash.bmp. Copy this to the UIRES folder in FS2002/4 - but BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE FIRST!

If you wish to use several screenshots you will need a randomiser program. In this case follow the instructions that come with the program.

A tip - when you take the screenshot remember that the Flight Sim lettering takes up almost the top quarter of the screen and you will lose a lot of detail behind it. When you crop your picture to 800 x 600 crop it so the aircraft is towards the bottom of the selected area.
christian90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey HexTex,

thank you very much for your answer, but one question lefts:

HexTex wrote:
For FS2004 there are several logo files available ready for use from the usual sites.

Where can I find that logo file? I searched with Google, but I couldn't find a very good logo file. Sad

Can you give me the address of a good one?

Thanks,

Christian
lenchnikin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Splah screen font Reply with quote

How can I make a Label use the font style and colour of its parent? The way a standard TLabel works. Eg a label using the font of the Panel it is on.

The ParentFont properties seem to have no effect at all.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FSDome.com Forum Index -> Flight Simulator Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: